Keto Diet Introduction
The keto diet is a high fat and low carbohydrate diet plan.
Your body enters in Ketosis a metabolic state when you are in the keto diet. During ketosis state of your body is using ketone bodies for energy rather than glucose. Ketones are a much more stable, continuous source of energy rather than glucose, which are derived from fat and which is derived from carbohydrates. At least 3 days to a week are usually required in entering a ketosis state that encompasses the fat you eat and fat stored in the body.
The liver plays a primary role to produce ketones from fat then these ketones serve as a fuel source throughout the body, especially for the brain and other parts of the body.
The brain needs lots of energy every day, it can run only on glucose or ketones but not on the fat only.
When you are on a keto diet, your body switches its energy supply to run mostly on fat thereby burning the fat during day and night. When the level of insulin becomes very low, fat burning can increase drastically. It becomes easier to access your fat stores to burn them off.
There is no time limit on Keto diet plans and can be eaten indefinitely.
What To Eat
the keto diet is the one that is rich in fat but with limited carbohydrates, which the body converts into glucose.
A traditional keto diet breaks down to about 60 to 75 percent fat, 15 to 30 percent protein, and 5 to 10 percent carbohydrates.
Keto diet recommended foods include cheese, white meat i.e fish, meat, milk, eggs, nuts, seeds and low carb vegetables i.e and fruit, such as berries and avocados.
Foods that are not allowed in the keto diet plan are bread, pasta, root vegetables i.e and high carb fruits like bananas.
Keto Diet Benefits
Many Studies conducted through different institutions consistently shows that those who eat a low carb, high fat diet rather than a high carb, low-fat diet experience following
• The major advantage is losing weight and body fat.
• Maintaining good levels of good HDL and large LDL cholesterol.
• Good for Type 2 diabetes and even reversing pre-diabetes. It much beneficial in Type 2 diabetes to have reduced blood sugar and insulin resistance even many people reported that keto diet does reverse their pre-diabetes but people with Type 1 diabetes require special consideration.
• Experience a decrease in appetite which eventually helps your weight loss but also stay satisfied after meals much longer, with less snacking and overeating.
• Can reduce the level of triglyceride fat molecules in the blood that cause heart disease
• Helpful in reducing blood pressure but also leading to prevent heart disease and stroke
• Have consistent energy levels during the day
Keto diet is obviously great if your major concern is losing weight, but it does have other less evident benefits like less hunger, a balanced supply of energy and could help you to keep alert and focused.
So On the whole keto diet is really beneficial in not only weight loss but also in numbers of medical conditions like epilepsy, diabetes and heart diseases.
Keto Strips can be used to test yourself to know whether you have been entered in ketosis just after a few days of beginning the keto diet!. The ketone strip will test the level of ketone bodies in your urine or blood. The simple rule is if the concentration is high enough, you’ve successfully entered ketosis!