Prostate cancer and enlargement
As Highlighted by NCBI Worldwide, more than 1 million men are diagnosed with prostate cancer each year and more than 300,000 die of the disease. Although the number of men diagnosed with prostate cancer has been on the rise, the number of men dying from the disease has declined in recent years.
Prostate Enlargement and Cancer is the worst fear of every man due to having serious ramifications of urinary system problems ranging from weak/frequent/burning urination to erectile dysfunction or problems with ejaculation or even blood in the urine or seminal fluid but there are natural foods which could help in preventing and even curing enlarge prostitute.
The general rule is to limit the use of canned, processed, and frozen foods to eat more fruits and a vegetable diet which is high in fiber and lower in fat and limit consuming animal protein(meat and beef) and surgery carbonated beverages.
As many studies have shown that in countries where men diet have a large amount of meat have a higher number of prostate cancer cases than those countries where plant-based foods are the primary part of the diet and drinking water instead of soft drinks can speed metabolism and cleanse the body of cancer-causing substances.
Fruits and vegetable to consume for Prostate Cancer and Enlargement
- Cruciferous vegetables ( which includes broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, kale and cabbage), Tomatoes, Grapes, Grapefruit and watermelon have many phytochemicals that help in lowering risk and aggression of cancer.
- Mushrooms support the immune system against cancer whereas Carrots, Berries ( Strawberries, , raspberries, blueberries and blackberries are rich in nutrients/antioxidants that reduce and prevents the risk of cancer
- Not only Avocados, nuts and seeds helps prevent prostate cancer but pomegranate Juice might also help prevent prostate cancer reoccurrence after primary treatment
- Peppers and jalapenos can neutralize the certain cancer-causing substance
- Apples, Oranges, Grapes, lemons and other citrus fruits are not only rich in nutrients and antioxidants but also have anti-inflammatory properties
- Salmon and Other cold-water fish, such as sardines and trout are rich in healthy fats that contain omega-3 fatty acids which help in reducing inflammation in the body.
- Plant Protein like flax, nuts and beans helps to suppress the growth of cancer-causing substances
- Green and Whole Grains as Green Tea is rich in antioxidants which slows and prevent the development of prostate cancer.
- Whole Grains includes oatmeal, brown rice, corn, whole wheat bread, bulgar, barley, kasha, millet, quinoa, faro which are even considered more important than fruits and vegetables in fighting against prostate cancer as they are a great source of fiber and magnesium and protein
Maintaining Good Nutrition During and After Treatment
Maintaining a healthy diet before, during and after prostate cancer treatment not only plays a vital role in helping you prepare and recover fast but even prevent it from reoccurrence of the disease.
You need a check on your weight because obese men have more risk of dying from prostate cancer.
Prostate cancer treatment might affect your weight, appetite and eating habits due to surgery, radiation therapy or chemotherapy but it is essential to maintain a healthy weight.
You should try to maintain a healthy life style like going to walk daily not sleep more than required, drinking more water to keep you active and still maintain a healthy weight by not losing much weight for normal men and not gaining weight for obese men.
Different type of treatments would affect your appetite to eat less but you should be in contact of registered nutritionist or diet specialist that can guide you on different ways to eat more comfortably i.e eating in small meals throughout the day instead of eating a large amount at once or adding the more liquid items like soup or milk or tea or spices such as garlic or cayenne etc but still getting the nutrition you need like devising a meal plan by not just having the foods we listed above but with other things you might like with the right amount of daily intake you need.